Central Park Harvest Fest
October 7 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Your excess crop of apples, zucchini, tomatoes, plums and more do not need to go to waste or into the compost or landfill.
Come and donate edible whole fruits & veggies to Denver Food Rescue to help provide fresh edible produce to children and families in need in Denver and Aurora;
and / or
Drop off shelf-stable/non-perishable items, such as peanut butter, pasta, tuna, beef stew, chili, baked beans, soup, canned fruit or vegetables for Food Bank of the Rockies.
What: Drop off food for donation
Why: You provide others with healthy food + you pollute and waste less
How: Harvest your excess produce from your trees or garden and come to our drive-up and drop-off event
This event is being organized by the Central Park United Neighbors Sustainability Committee, Central Park Business Association, and Denver’s Office of Climate Action, Resilience, and Sustainability, with support from the Master Community Association, Denver Food Rescue, and the Food Bank of the Rockies.
Lunch will be provided for donors and volunteers.
- Set up
- Collect food from donors
- Sort food into groups (for people, animals, compost) for Denver Food Rescue
- Help organize and deliver non-perishable food to Food Bank of the Rockies
- Helping coordinating distribution of lunch – SAME Cafe
- Manage trash, compost, and any recycling
- Hand out flyers for Fresh Food Connect and/or seed packets
- Clean up